to Be Texan
4th Grade Social Studies
Travel from your school to
Austin to explore the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum and the
Texas State Capitol. Students learn about Texas history and
government with a focus on early explorers, the Texas Revolution and
the legislative process.
Program is aligned with 4th
- Texas State Capitol tour
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Star of Destiny at the Texas Spirit Theatre
- TEKS-based journals, bus activities and pre- and post-program activities
- Pre-program training for participating adults
- Charter bus transportation
- Lunch and Dinner
- Proud to be Texan t-shirt for each participant
- Group picture and program souvenirs for each participant
- Coordinating educator's participation fee
- Education in Action facilitator on each bus to lead student activities during travel
- Education in Action Program Director (travels with your group) to coordinate all details
All participants bring their own drinks.
One teacher or parent chaperone for every 10 students is required, two adults for every 10 students are recommended. Total number of adults is limited to two for every 10 students.
Minimum number of participants is 45.
TIMES & COST:
Dallas/Fort Worth area schools depart at 6:30a.m. and return at 8:30p.m. Cost is $83.75 per participant, teacher and chaperone.
Click Here to Request Information for "Proud to be Texan"